With the dynamic business requirements and variables from outside that can affect every aspect of a venture, disputes and conflicts arise. A manager must be competent on relevant skills to cope with these disputes. This practical course will prepare you for any possible dispute, help you identify issues before they become disputes, and solve them early.
- As an open course, this program is offered in specific locations. As an in-house training, it can be offered on any part of the globe.
- This program can be bundled with any other program in the same category, offering the benefit of a discounted price.
- Accord Worldwide can offer this training in languages other than English, please contact us with your questions.
This training will help you to:
- Lead a winning negotiation assignment
- Avoid dispute by the design of venture
- Identify issues that can grow to disputes and address them
- Understand the practical and latest techniques in business arbitration and dispute settlement
- Understand your rights
- Design win-win ventures
- Ensure your part of the story is heard
- Minimize the loss in a critical negotiation
What Participants Receive?
- Certified Accordemy Professional – Attested by Accord Worldwide, Inc. USA
- Free lifetime access to online course material
- Free lifetime membership to the relevant discussion group
- Discounted OR free participation in future training courses
Who should attend?
This is not a technical training for legal practitioners. Rather it enables managers to avoid disputes and how to interact with legal arbitrators in right time. No prior training in negotiation is required.
Training fee includes the course certificate, training materials, lunch, refreshments, and one social program at the end of the training.
Not included in the fee are: Visa costs, airfare cost, accommodation, travel insurance, dinner and any personal expense of the participant.
Please note that for groups, different destinations and in-house training we offer significant discount and we encourage you to contact us for a quotation.